Marketing is a key part of running a construction or trade company, even though it may be one of the tasks people rarely associate with the industry. Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that every business, no matter what it does, must have a well-planned and executed marketing campaign in order to remain competitive. If you don’t market yourself correctly, no one will know your company exists. Marketing isn’t something you can just make up on the spot, either. It takes a carefully crafted plan to market yourself in the right manner. Here are some tools and tips to help you create a strategic marketing plan for your construction company.
Telematics is a combination of diagnostic technology, monitoring sensors, and GPS tracking. While the idea may not be something everyone is familiar with, telematics can be leveraged by builders and trade companies to save money and simplify tasks.
- Are my member benefits easily accessible on my HBA website?
- Are these benefits clearly communicated and accurately described?
- Are the value points of these benefits relevant to my membership?
- Are these benefits exclusive and not available to the general public?
- Am I promoting these member benefits across all of my communication streams?
- Exclusive, not available to the general public.
- Specifically created for builders, contractors and trade company owners
- Value that far exceeds the cost of annual membership
Why are regular check-ins important for HBA retention?
Meeting member expectations and monitoring satisfaction
- Helps to set expectations
- Members feel seen, heard, and valued
- Check-ins create a sense of trust with HBA leadership
- Members feel part of a greater whole
- Create opportunities to resolve conflicts early on
- Members are engaged and connected
- Ongoing communication and direction
- Promotes continuous learning